WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” refers to the details that can be used to identify any individual who uses the products/services of the website. The term “Personal Information” refers to name, address and gender and other details provided by you under your consent.
WHY IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
- To Provide Superior Customer Service to Our customers
The QuickThai Restaurant collects personal information to assist in making your reservation more simpler and easier, and in carrying out your request to ensure your needs are met when staying at the Restaurant. In addition, personal information is collected to allow us to contact you in case of matters arising related to your stay with us. By maintaining personal information of customers, you are able to reconcile statements/invoices and confirm prior transactions.
- To Keep Our customers and Owners Informed
Personal information may be used to provide customers with newsletters regarding the Restaurant and to advise on any promotions, offers, discounts or related news that may be of interest. In order to carry out this task, personal information may have to be retained, and be shared with a third party. These companies could include communications and marketing companies, who are under contract with The QuickThai Restaurant and are contractually obligated to protect all information shared.
- For Marketing Research
With regard to surveys, we may wish to contact you to receive your views on the Restaurant and its service delivery. In most cases, information such as this are collected by a third party, who are under contract with The QuickThai Restaurant and as stated above, they are contractually bound to protect the personal information shared. This is done with an intention to understand the trends, needs and expectations of customers.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
- On Our Website
- Initially Upon Contact with Our Website
- Whenever you visit a site, a cookie is stored in your computer and your computer is identified with a unique ID number. Cookies are small pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard disk. They simplify reservation by automatically filling up preferences that have already been filled up on your previous visit to the site. Cookies are also used as a way of collecting website data such as the number of visitors and traffic to specific web pages. This helps us to understand which pages are popular among users and which are not. It also helps us to improve on the site based on page views and number of visitors. You can set your computer to not store any cookies on your computer, if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from using some of the functions we offer. When accessing our website, your computer will be assigned a specific ID number, which will identify you whenever you visit our website. Although personal information such as name, age and address will be anonymous at this point, cookies will allow us to make a log of every time you access the site. Once personal information is entered, we will combine your ID number with the contact information you provided, so that we can recognize you on future visits.
- While Browsing Our Website
- When you explore our website, there may be instances where online surveys or promotions will request you to provide personal information. In responding to this request if you wish to participate, you may have to provide information about your personal identity such as name and address. In instances such as this, we only use information to suit the purposes you have specified.
- Initially Upon Contact with Our Website
- When Making a Reservation
- On Our Website
- Through Our Restaurant
- You can also make a reservation by calling our corporate office. In this instance, we may ask you personal information such as name, contact details and method of payment. In addition, we may also gather information about your room preference, and/or special requests. The information will be transmitted to the Restaurant through a secured communication gateway and confirmation of your reservation will be sent to you directly from the Restaurant through e-mail.
- During Your Stay at the Restaurant
- From arrival to departure, we will record your itemized spending, including expenses billed to your room. This information will be carried in compliance with financial reporting requirements, including those guidelines imposed by the government. In some cases, information specific to your stay at The QuickThai Restaurant may also be stored, such as service issues and payment difficulties. Other than these instances, we may also retain the contents of any documents provided by you such as e-mails, comments, letters and electronic documents that you may have sent us before your stay. Such information is shared only with the rest of the staff at the Restaurant, and not any third party.
- On Our Website
HOW DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- At the Restaurant
The Restaurant goes to great measures to ensure that all Personal Information is kept in a secure location, be it a database or filing cabinet. Furthermore, we take steps to ensure that only designated individuals have access to this information.
- In Our Marketing Database
The QuickThai Restaurant maintains a database of guest information which is used for marketing, promotion and research purposes. Any information sent provides a clear notice of how to discontinue receiving promotional materials.
WHAT INFORMATION IS NOT SECURE?
Please note that e-mail communication is not secure, especially when conveying personal information. When requesting for information using e-mail, do not state your personal information such as a credit card number. In addition, when making reservations outside your home, make sure that you always close your browsers. It is recommended that you close your browsers immediately upon completion because if not, you will still be logged on to the page, and it will easy for someone to gain access.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED TO THIRD PARTIES?
As mentioned before in this statement, third parties of The QuickThai Restaurant will receive personal information only in instances when their services are needed to better serve your needs as a guest. All third parties are contractually bound, and will be legally obligated to comply with agreed upon terms and conditions such as protection of personal information.
In exceptional circumstances, personal information may be shared when legal regulations, judicial or official orders may require us to hand data over to the relevant authority or court. However, this is only undertaken within the framework of our legal obligations. Other instances where personal information is shared without your consent are if you have failed to pay amount due and if your stay has been paid by a third party, then all billing information will be send to the paying party.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to know what personal information we may have of you, you can make a request and we will be more than happy to assist you with your requirements. However, in order to protect personal information of customers, we require that you prove your identity at the time the request is made. You have the option of requesting in person or via letter or fax. The QuickThai Restaurant reserves the right to decline access to your personal information under certain circumstances. If your personal information will not be disclosed, you will be provided with the reasons for this non-disclosure.
HOW LONG IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED?
Your personal information will be stored for the period of time required by law. It may be stored indefinitely by The QuickThai Restaurant as long as there is a business purpose for doing so. From time to time we may delete your personal information if you have not stayed with us in a number of years.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF THERE ARE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?